Town of Norwich, Vermont

Town offices:

300 Main St.
(802) 649-1419


Town Clerk

Lily Trajman, Town Clerk
(802) 649-1419 x2
Instagram: @norwichvttownclerk

Judy Trussell, Assistant Clerk

Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
Appointments are still required for research and marriage licenses.

ElectionsDog Licenses
Land RecordsMarriage
Board of AbatementBoard of Civil Authority

The Town Clerk’s office is responsible for the administration of all elections, maintaining and recording land records and vital records, issuing dog, marriage, hunting and fishing licenses, and maintaining the Town’s archives and Board and Committee minutes. The Town Clerk also coordinates meetings of and acts as Clerk for the Board of Abatement (which manages tax abatements) and the Board of Civil Authority (which manages property tax assessment appeals).

Appointments: The Clerk still requires appointments for land record research, accessing maps, and making deed copies. Appointments are recommended for obtaining a marriage license. You can either call or email to make an appointment.

Please note that we no longer offer notary services at Tracy Hall, nor do we sell Norwich Transfer Station stickers or punch cards. We also no longer offer vehicle registration renewal.

Norwich Green with the Congregational Church and Tracy Hall in the background.