Town of Norwich, Vermont

Town offices:

300 Main St.
(802) 649-1419


Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When is the winter parking ban in effect?
A: The winter parking ban is in effect from November 1 through April 15th. During this time there is no parking on any town streets or roads between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.

Q: Can someone locate the right-of-way (ROW) on property?
A: The town cannot provide a survey. They can only determine where the town property lines lie in relation to the subject property. A private surveyor must be contacted for accurate determination of ROW.

Q: How do I get my missing or damaged street sign repaired or replaced?
A: Report it to Public Works at 649-2209.

Q: The streetlight outside my house/on my street is flickering or off. Who do I report it to?
A: First you should get the Pole #, then report it to Green Mountain Power Corporation at 1-888-835-4672, or call Public Works at 649-2209 and we will notify them for you.

Q: To whom do I report a missing, broken, or knocked down STOP sign?
A: Contact Public Works at 649-2209. Be sure to identify the intersection where the STOP sign is missing or damaged.

Q: The town’s plow truck knocked down my mailbox; whom do I call?
A: Contact Public Works at 649-2209. (Please see the Winter Maintenance Plan)

Q: There is s beaver dam flooding my property. What should I do?
A: If it is flooding your property, call the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department at 1-802-241-3700. If it is flooding the road, contact Public Works at 649-2209.

Q: Someone has thrown a mattress or other trash beside the road. Whom do I call?
A: Call Public Works at 649-2209. If you cannot pick it up, we will.

Q: There is a dead animal beside/in the road. Whom do I call?
A: Call Police Dispatch during the day at 649-1460, or call Hartford Dispatch on nights or weekends at 295-9425 and they will notify the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department.

Updated: March 29, 2009

Leave a Reply