“A person who is the owner of a dog or wolf-hybrid more than six months old shall annually on or before April 1 cause it to be registered, numbered, described, and licensed on a form approved by the Secretary for one year from that day in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which the dog or wolf-hybrid is kept.” 20 V.S.A. § 3581
FILLABLE DOG LICENSE FORM as a .pdf
.docx fillable form to download and fill out.
In order to license your dog, you must provide:
(1) Proof of rabies vaccination (this must take the form of a Rabies Vaccination Certificate; it cannot be your receipt from the vet or a list of vaccinations). Rabies certificates are usually good for 3 years, and we keep them on file in our office until they expire. You can reach out to your vet to see if your dog is current.
(2) Proof of neutering/spaying (this can take the form of having your dog described as “neutered male” or “spayed female” on any piece of paperwork from your vet.
Prior to April 1st, licensing neutered or spayed animals costs $9; intact animals are $13. After April 1st, licensing neutered or spayed animals costs $11 and intact animals are $17.
Ways to get a license:
Start by filling out THIS FORM.
1) Return it and accompanying paperwork and payment to the Clerk’s office M-F 9am to 4pm.
2) Mail the form and accompanying paperwork, along with a self addressed, stamped envelope to
PO Box 376
Norwich, VT 05055
3) Drop the form and accompanying paperwork, along with a self addressed, stamped envelope in the ballot box outside Tracy Hall.