Welcome to the Town of Norwich, Vermont
Tracy Hall Restrictions – Tracy Hall is currently CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. See here for full details.
Use the following link to view the town’s regularly updated document detailing COVID-19 Information & Resources
The Vermont Department of Health and U.S. Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) are recommending some steps for everyone. By
working together and helping to slow the spread of contagious illnesses,
including COVID-19, we protect the health of our entire community. The steps
you should consider taking include:
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. The CDC has some good tips on effective hand washing here: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Both health agencies have helpful online materials for
understanding the virus and how to reduce the risk associated with it.
- Read more from the Vermont Department of Health: https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/infectious-disease/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Read more from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The Vermont Department of Health is leading efforts to update
the public and issue new guidance. Also, the Town will continue to communicate
directly with the public through the Town’s webpage (www.norwich.vt.us), the Norwich
Listserve, the Norwich Listserve Extension FaceBook page, and the Norwich
Police Department FaceBook page.